Mr Charles Kandemiri is the Acting Chamber Secretary for City of Harare his office is located at Town House. He heads theChamber Secretary's Department. The Department is established in terms of the Urban Councils’ Act Chapter 29:15 and is responsible for central administration and secretarial services to Council.
The Chamber Secretary is responsible for both the procedural and administrative functions of Council. He ensures that:
- Committees of Council are properly constituted;
- Business is conducted in compliance with legislation, standing orders and corporate governance principles.
- Capacity building for Councillors;
- Effective public participation in Council’s decisions;
- She provides legal advice to Council and departments of Council;
- She deputises the Town Clerk in his absence;
- Handles twinning arrangements with other cities.