The division is stationed in the Graniteside area (kwaMugombi).
Functions of the Division are as follows:
- Waste Removal
- Collection, transportation and disposal of waste.
- Street Cleaning.
- Collection and disposal of medical and industrial Hazardous waste.
- Management of landfill sites.
- Provision of public conveniences.
- Provision of mobile or portable toilets.
- Incineration services for medical or clinical waste and other related material.
- Collection and disposal of dead animals.
- Clearing of illegally dumped refuse.
- Provision of skip bins.
- Excess refuse collection.
- Emptying of Septic Tanks.
- Issuing of permits for hazardous waste disposal.
- Issuing of permits on erection of posters.
You can download the schedule for refuse collection here.