The Division is literally the Estate Agent of the City as it is the custodian of all Municipal land and properties and is responsible for all municipal valuation matters. It also offers advice to all other municipal departments on valuation matters and is responsible for the disposal and acquisition of land and buildings for and on behalf of the City for its various estates development programs. It is headed by the City Valuer and Estates Manager and is made up of two main sections namely the Valuation Section and the Estates Section.
Functions of the division
- Rental Valuations of Municipal land and buildings.
- Valuations for acquisition and disposal of Municipal land and buildings.
- Valuations and preparation of the General Valuation Roll and Supplementary Valuation Roll for rating purposes.
- Management of the General Valuation Roll and Supplementary Valuation Roll.
- Endowment valuations.
- Valuations for insurance purposes.
- Land acquisition and disposal for residential, commercial, industrial, educational, religious, recreational and social purposes.
- Management of all leased non-residential Municipal land and buildings.
- Preparation and maintenance of the City Land Bank Register.