The Business Development Unit (BDU) is headed by Mr Alois Masepe who is situated at the Mayoral Mansion (Harare House) in Gunhill.
To be the preferred and respected reference point for Business Development initiative and interactions in the City of Harare.
To ensure that Council enters the economic mainstream and plays a major role in wealth creation and facilitating growth with sustainability.
- Strategic Thinking
- Break through Creativity
- High Performance and Achievement
Business Development Unit (BDU) Role and Mandate
- Regeneration of existing Council business entities into profitable or viable ventures.
- Research for new business opportunities within the Council institution.
- Formulation of strategies for the development of Council business ventures.
- Offer effective interaction and interface between Council and the private sector.
Specific BDU Functions
The Business Development Unit’s objectives include:
- Offering leadership, vision and direction to satellite business units’ management i.e. develop strategic Plans for units at take - off stage.
- Evaluating and monitoring the performance of Business entities.
- Formulation of comprehensive and bankable Business Proposals for the effective exploitation of the Business Opportunities.
- Ensuring that projects have in place effective administrative and operation procedures and systems to facilitate realisation of plans and objectives.
- Ensuring the establishment of Smart Partnership and synergic relationships between Council Entities and the Business Sector.
- To establish synergic and strategic relationships, with other players in the business sector to facilitate the promotion of Council’s Business Ventures.