The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) division is run by an ICT Manager, Mr. S. Madzokere who reports to the Town Clerk.
To provide comprehensive ICT Services to our clients.
To provide Connectivity to City of Harare’s Stakeholders in a safe and secure environment.
- Team Work
The Division has two sections namely:
The ICT Infrastructure Section
The section is solely responsible for the procurement and maintenance of the City's ICT hardware, networking, operating systems, systems operations, systems security and also administering the ICT workshop.
The Management Information System (MIS) Section
The section is responsible for user training, the creation and maintenance of application, system and data architectures.
The division mainly serves as a support division for all other functional departments of City of Harare.
Functions of the Division
- Planning and managing the transition during and after technological upgrades.
- Designing and maintaining an inventory of current system applications and business functions.
- User training, user requirements solicitation and customisation of their needs.
- Systems administration and security.
- Maintenance of data and organisational servers.
- Providing systems support for organisational application-specific software.
- Website development and content management.
- Printing bills for ratepayers.