The division is managed by the Employee Relations Manager; Mr J. Duve who is situated at Rowan Martin Building.
Functions of The Division
The Employee Relations division is tasked with the following functions:
- Formulates, implements and reviews industrial relations systems, policies and strategies.
- Manages the Code of conduct
- Maintenance of Disciplinary hearing database records
- Conciliation, arbitration and appeals
- Defending council labour decisions internally and externally
- Occupational health and safety.
- Disaster plan strategic policies.
- Organizing & management of disciplinary hearings
- Liaison with Unions, Ministry of Labour and the N.E.C.
- Industrial Harmony
- Management of works council activities
- Collection & maintenance of labour court judgments.
- Grievance handling and management.