This Division is responsible for all the staff offices of Council departments.
Functions of The Division
The Manning Services Division is tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Selection interviews
- Initiation of Disciplinary actions
- Processing of employment contracts and terminations
- Initial induction
- Processing of basic pay, overtime and allowances
- Processing of vacation leave.
- Maintenance of staff records
- Preparation of Human Resources reports to council.
- Salary queries and adjustments
- Updating of staff benefits
- Updating of staff establishments
- Employee counselling
- Advises employees on conditions of service
- Compilation of salary estimates
- Compilation of manpower statistic
- Formulates, implements and reviews the recruitment, conditions of service and systems, strategies and policies.
- Medical Examinations
- Security Checks
- Reference checks
- Exit Interviews
- Resignations / Terminations
- H.R Manual