Procedure for water connections in Harare:
• Buy your own water meter - Elster Kent 15mm, brass or plastic
• Bring the meter to Harare Water offices located at Cnr Speke and Sam Nujoma
• Bring with you a copy of agreement of sale or title deeds, national identification card and meter receipt of payment.
• Amount to be paid depends with the area the property is located in as well as the meter to be connected
• The meter is left at Harare Water for calibration which takes one week or more. It will be collected at your district office thereafter.
• Plumbers from the district office will connect it for you.
• Calibration of water meters in Harare is free if it is a replacement meter.
• For new meters prices vary depending the area where the meter is to be installed.
• For meters outside Harare calibration is RTGS $70 residential and RTGS $450 industrial.
For more information contact Harare Water Call Centre on 0242 705654 or 0242 704193
Save water. Every drop counts!